Property Search

Recreation & Parks

Departments & Services




YTown News

Assessing FAQ

Color Logo Charter Township of Ypsilanti A Community of Opportunity

Civic Center w Address

Article Index

Contact Assessing Department: (734) 487 - 4927

Assessing Department Office Hours & Location
Monday - Friday
8:30am - 4:30pm (Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm daily.)

Tilden R. Stumbo Civic Center
7200 S. Huron River Dr.
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Where do I get the assessed and taxable values on a property?

Online Assessment & Tax Information

Where do I get information about Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemption Affidavits?

Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit

Principal Residence Affidavit forms are also available at the Assessor’s Office. This affidavit allows you to claim an exemption from some school operating taxes. For your homestead to be eligible, you must own and occupy it as your legal and principal residence.

Where do I get information about Property Transfer Affidavits?

Property Transfer Affidavit

Property Transfer Affidavits are also available at the Assessor’s Office. This affidavit is required to be filed whenever real estate is transferred (even if you do not record a land contact or deed). The Affidavit shall be filed with the Assessor’s Office within 45 days of the transfer. If it is not filed on time, the property owner is subject to a penalty.

The assessor reviews this form to ensure the property is assessed properly and given the correct taxable value for the year following the transfer of property.

Where do I get a copy of the deed to my property?

Deeds are available at the Washtenaw County Register of Deeds Office (200 N Main St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104).

Contact Washtenaw County Register of Deeds: (734) 222-6710

Where can I get a copy of my tax bill? How much are my taxes? Where do I pay my taxes? When are my taxes due?

Tax information can be obtained from the Treasurer's Office.  

Contact Treasurer's Office: (734) 484 - 1002

Online Assessment & Tax Information

Where can I get a survey of my property?

You should have a copy of your survey in your closing package from your home purchase. The Township does not have a survey of your property. You can obtain one by hiring a surveyor. They are listed in the Yellow Pages of the telephone book.

What is assessed value and state equalized value and why does the Assessor still have to determine assessed value if it isn't used for the tax bill anymore?

The calculation of Assessed Value is required by law and it should approximate 50% of true cash (market) value. Equalization refers to the process that makes sure that all local units of government and all counties are assessing at 50% of true cash value. The assessed value will be referred to State Equalized Value after this process.

Understanding Assessed, Capped, and Taxable Value


Charter Township of Ypsilanti  •  7200 S. Huron River Dr. Ypsilanti, Mi 48197  •  (734) 484 - 4700

Mon. - Fri., 8:30am - 4:30pm  •  Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm daily