Property Search

Recreation & Parks

Departments & Services




YTown News

Demolition Specifications

Color Logo Charter Township of Ypsilanti A Community of Opportunity

Civic Center w Address

Any application for a demolition permit should include a notice of disconnect from all utilities (water, sewer, electric, gas, cable, and phone).

The contractor must sign all demolition permits.

Contractor Information

Before applying for a demolition permit, the contractor must notify:

The contractor must arrange for all utility releases and present said release papers to the Office of Community Standards when applying for a permit.

Once the above is done and the permit is issued the contractor may start work.

  • The sewer must be disconnected and plugged at the front property line using a plug and a concrete encasement around the plug. All work is to be done by the contractor.
  • The water service will be shut off by Ypsilanti Community Utilities Authority (YCUA). The contractor shall also cut the waterline completely on the house side of the stop. Should it be necessary to remove a section of the sidewalk, the contractor will be required to replace the sidewalk.
  • Excavations shall not be backfilled until inspected and the Township makes a record of the two (2) service locations.

The demolition work shall include the following:

  • Remove the buildings completely.
  • Remove all footings, foundations, basement walls, and piers. All debris must be removed from the site. None of the demolition can be buried in the basement. Clean fill dirt shall be used. Site must be cleaned and graded for final inspections.
  • Remove all concrete walks, retaining walls, driveways, patios, and slabs from the site.
  • Soil erosion measures may need to be taken when near a body of water.

Charter Township of Ypsilanti  •  7200 S. Huron River Dr. Ypsilanti, Mi 48197  •  (734) 484 - 4700

Mon. - Fri., 8:30am - 4:30pm  •  Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm daily