Property Search

Recreation & Parks

Departments & Services




YTown News

Contractor Information

Color Logo Charter Township of Ypsilanti A Community of Opportunity

Civic Center w Address

When contracting work to be done to your home:

  • Always hire a State of Michigan licensed contractor, licensed in the trade  in which they are doing work.
  • Always have your contractor pull permits before the work has started.
  • Always make sure that your contractor shows you the copy of the permit, and displays it in a visible location.
  • If you have a contractor doing work for you make sure they pull a permit before the work is started. This is a safeguard for you.
  • Make sure that the contractor is licensed. If you have questions concerning an advertisement, ask to see a copy of their license. Check with the Building Department for any outstanding concerns/workmanship regarding your choice of contractor.


Contractor Registration
Required to be filled out by new contractors or ones that have had their license expire. New contractors who have never registered before are required to do so in person the first time. A copy of the license and driver's license is also required.


Verify a Contractor's License: Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA)


Charter Township of Ypsilanti  •  7200 S. Huron River Dr. Ypsilanti, Mi 48197  •  (734) 544 - 4000

Mon. - Fri., 8:30am - 4:30pm  •  Closed 12:00pm - 1:00pm daily