The Contractor must sign all demolition permits. The Contractor must be licensed by the State of Michigan and must provide proof of insurance.
Before applying for a demolition permit, the contractor must notify:
YCUA (water/sewer) (734) 484 - 4600
Detroit Edison (power & gas) (800) 477 - 4747
Comcast (cable) (888) 266 - 2278
Ameritech (phone) (800) 244 - 4444
The contractor must arrange for all utility releases and present said release papers to the Community Development Department when applying for a permit.
** Once the above is done and the permit is issued then the contractor may start work. **
1. The sewer must be disconnected and plugged at the front property line using a plug and a concrete encasement around the plug. All work is to be done by the contractor.
2. The water service will be shut off by YCUA. The contractor shall also cut the waterline completely on the house side of the stop. Should it be necessary to remove a section of the sidewalk, the contractor will be required to replace the sidewalk.
(Excavations for items 1 & 2 shall not be backfilled until inspected and the Township makes a record of the two service locations.)
The demolition shall include the following:
1. Remove the buildings completely.
2. Remove all footings, foundations, basement walls and piers. All debris must be removed from the site. None of the demolition can be buried in the basement. Clean fill dirt shall be used. Site must be cleaned and graded for final inspections.
3. Remove all concrete walks, retaining walls, driveways, patios and slabs from the site.
4. Soil erosion measures may need to be taken when near a body of water.